Follow these aftercare instructions to ensure the best results. The care of your new tattoo will determine how long it takes to heal and how it looks after healing and ultimately is your responsibility.
Day One – Three
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the tattoo.
- Leave the bandage on overnight and remove the next morning.
- Wash it 3 times per day with liquid anti-bacterial soap using only your hands.
- Pat the tattoo dry with a clean disposable towel.
- Apply a thin layer of A&D Ointment to the tattoo 3 times per day.
But Not This:
- Do not pick or scratch at the tattoo or any scabs.
- Do not rebandage the tattoo.
- Do not clean or dry with cloth towels.
- Do noto use an excessive amount of ointment.
- Do not use any products that contain alcohol.
- Do not expose to sunlight or artificial sunlight.
Day Four – Fourteen:
- Stop using the A&D Ointment and instead use a non-scented lotion 3 times per day.
- Continue washing the tattoo daily with a liquid anti-bacterial soap as instructed above.
- Pat the tattoo dry as instructed above.
But Not This:
- The tattoo will peel like a sunburn but do not pick at the peeling skin.
- Do not continue using the antibiotic ointment.
- Do not expose the tattoo to direct or excessive sunlight.
INK 180 stands by our work and we will do any necessary touch ups after the healing process if completed within the first 30 days.
Call 630.554.1404 if you have any questions regarding the healing of your tattoo.